Timstar and Data Harvest have been working together to bring you two FREE eBooks for Data Logging practical skills matches.
These extremely useful eBooks for science technicians and teachers in education cover Biology, Chemistry and Physics for both A-Level and GCSE as follows:
The GCSE practical skills matches have been written to show how Data Logging can be used naturally in many of the GCSE required practical assessments.
The matched worksheets have been specifically written to follow the format and spirit of the joint examination boards’ handbook of required practicals for the GCSE science qualifications, first teaching in September 2016.
Each practical has the following:
- An indication of the key practicals skills covered by the activity.
- A student instruction sheet.
- Teachers/technicians preparation and help, including apparatus lists, practical guidance and sample captured data (where appropriate).
A-LEVEL (2016 Updated)
Data Logging, data loggers and sensor technology are an integral part of the Ofqual and government orders and are embedded in the new specifications created by the English examination boards.
This free download document will provide:
- Links between key practical skills and apparatus skills to Data Logging.
- Complete examples of practical work in Biology, Chemistry and Physics that will be enhanced by inclusion of Data Logging.
- Teaching and lab technician preparation guidance for all the included practical activities.
- Examples of how to use data collected in practical work to mathematically model the supporting theory.
- A full description of the advanced mathematical functions within EasySense software.
For further information and to download the relevant eBooks required for your science department, click either of the images above.