What is the Touch Board?
The Touch Board is a tool to make your projects interactive, responsive, smart or just fun. Use the Touch Board to change the world around you by turning almost any material or surface into a sensor. Connect anything conductive to one of its 12 electrodes and trigger a sound via its on-board MP3 player, play a MIDI note or do anything else that you might do with an Arduino or Arduino-compatible device.
The Touch Board is designed as an easy-to-use platform for a huge range of projects, whether it's painting a light switch on your wall, making a paper piano or something nobody's thought of yet.
• Touch sensing - The world is your interface!
• Distance sensing - You don't need to touch your sensors to use them!
• No programming required - Unless you want to!
• Arduino-compatible - Easy to program and works with popular shields
• Works well with Electrically Conductive Paint (SM130520, or any other conductive material
• MP3 Player / MIDI device - Make a symphony of sounds!
• MicroSD card socket - Change the sounds just by changing the card
• Standard 3.5mm audio jack - Works with headphones and speakers
• Lithium Polymer (LiPo - Stand-alone projects that recharge via USB
• HID capable - Turn the Touch Board into a keyboard or mouse
• The possibilities are limitless!
Arduino-compatibility - the Touch Board is Arduino-compatible, which means that it can be programmed just like an Arduino and it works with most popular shields and accessories (see Technical Specifications for more information.
• Arduino compatible (recognised as an Arduino Leonardo in IDE
• Atmel ATMega32U4 Microprocessor
• Freescale MPR121 dedicated touch interface
• VLSI VS1053B audio processor
• Arduino Shield Compatible (check pins available
• 32 KB of Flash Memory of which 4 KB is used for bootloader
• 5V operating voltage (automatic voltage selector for USB or battery operation
• Built in LiPo battery charging with on-board boost circuit for 5V operation
• 16 MHz clock speed
• Can be powered and programmed over USB
• 20 digital I/O pins (3 used for Touch IC and 5 for MP3 IC - can be disabled
• 7 PWM channels
• 12 analogue input channels
• 12 Touch electrodes of which 8 can be configured as extra digital inputs or outputs with PWM capability
• 84mm x 62mm foot print with maximum height of 10mm (audio connector
• On/Off switch when powered from battery
Upon receipt of your enquiry, we will prepare a fully priced quotation which will include freight charges directly to your school or a nominated point of delivery.
Certain chemicals are subject to special carriage requirements and certain living products, such as drosophila, will also incur a carriage surcharge. Please contact our customer service team for further clarification when processing your quotation.
In order to keep freight costs to a minimum we always endeavour to ship your science equipment in one single cost-effective consignment and provide you with dispatch details accordingly.